More From Judy Biggert
- "Second, marriage is an issue that our Founding Fathers wisely left to the states."
- "Our health care system is the finest in the world, but we still have too many uninsured Americans, too high prices for prescription drugs, and too many frivolous lawsuits driving our physicians out of state or out of business."
- "No Congress ever has seen fit to amend the Constitution to address any issue related to marriage. No Constitutional Amendment was needed to ban polygamy or bigamy, nor was a Constitutional Amendment needed to set a uniform age of majority to ban child marriages."
More In Education
- "Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today."― Malcolm X
- "They were often the first students in their family to go to college and the very idea of higher education was still foreign to them. They had to make a conscious and often difficult decision to come to college."― Michael N. Castle
- "Education is what remains when we have forgotten all that we have been taught."― George Savile