More From Juan Goytisolo
- "In my opinion, the most significant works of the twentieth century are those that rise beyond the conceptual tyranny of genre; they are, at the same time, poetry, criticism, narrative, drama, etc."
- "And it is because a series of elements in Spanish life which operate today the same way as they did in the times of Blanco White made obvious my relationship with him, based on a similarity in Spain’s condition."
- "When I write now I do not invent situation, characters, or actions, but rather structures and discursive forms, textual groupings which are combined according to secret affinities among themselves, as in architecture or the plastic arts."
More In Respect
- "A life is not sufficiently elevated for poetry, unless, of course, the life has been made into an art."― Mark Strand
- "Now is the time to show maximum responsibility. It is not the time to pay off old scores nor for sterile partisan recriminations. It is time to re-establish a climate of calmness and mutual respect."― Giorgio Napolitano
- "The moment my doctor told me, I went silent. My mum and dad were with me, then we all went to pieces. I was saying, No, I’ve got my flight to Sydney in two hours. I’m getting on a plane."― Kylie Minogue