More From Juan Antonio Samaranch
- "Olympism is the marriage of sport and culture."
- "We peruse one ideal, that of bringing people together in peace, irrespective of race, religion and political convictions, for the benefit of mankind."
- "Our philosophy precedes from the belief that sport is an inalienable part of the educational process and a factor for promoting peace, friendship, cooperation and understanding among peoples."
More In Respect
- "I have said, with respect to authorization bills, that I do not want the Congress or the country to commit fiscal suicide on the installment plan."― Everett Dirksen
- "Everyone in society should be a role model, not only for their own self-respect, but for respect from others."― Barry Bonds
- "Find your self-respect now. Don’t dumb yourselves down. Think of yourself as capable and worthy of finding a guy who is going to respect you, too. It’s so important, I mean, and the confidence you get from feeling smart and tackling something like mathematics, which is a challenge, right? Math is hard."― Danica McKellar