More From Joyce Maynard
- "More than any other setting – more than battlefields or boardrooms or a spaceship headed for intergalactic travel – I’ll put my money on the family to provide an endless source of comedy, tragedy and intrigue."
- "Teach a child to play solitaire, and she’ll be able to entertain herself when there’s no one around. Teach her tennis, and she’ll know what to do when she’s on a court. But raise her to feel comfortable in nature, and the whole planet is her home."
- "At Home in the World is the story of a young woman, raised in some difficult circumstances, and how she survives. It tells a story of redemption, not victimhood."
More In Business
- "Without the element of uncertainty, the bringing off of even, the greatest business triumph would be dull, routine, and eminently unsatisfying."― J. Paul Getty
- "If you’re bored with life – you don’t get up every morning with a burning desire to do things – you don’t have enough goals."― Lou Holtz
- "Well, as a former small businessperson – I understand what’s going on, I think in the business community. And businesspeople around the country are looking at all the spending and all the debt. They’re looking at all the policies coming out of this Congress and this administration the last two years, and they – it’s created all this uncertainty."― John Boehner