More From Joseph Stiglitz
- "The notion that every well educated person would have a mastery of at least the basic elements of the humanities, sciences, and social sciences is a far cry from the specialized education that most students today receive, particularly in the research universities."
- "I grew up in a family in which political issues were often discussed, and debated intensely."
- "Amherst is a liberal arts college, committed to providing students with a broad education."
More In Wisdom
- "The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance – it is the illusion of knowledge."― Daniel J. Boorstin
- "The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our own ignorance."― Benjamin Franklin
- "It is now conventional wisdom that Americans do not care why we went to war in Iraq, that it is enough that the world is better off without Saddam Hussein."― Adam Schiff