More From Joseph Stiglitz
- "Amherst is a liberal arts college, committed to providing students with a broad education."
- "I grew up in a family in which political issues were often discussed, and debated intensely."
- "The notion that every well educated person would have a mastery of at least the basic elements of the humanities, sciences, and social sciences is a far cry from the specialized education that most students today receive, particularly in the research universities."
More In Wisdom
- "Because in the school of the Spirit man learns wisdom through humility, knowledge by forgetting, how to speak by silence, how to live by dying."― Johannes Tauler
- "Kindness is wisdom."― Philip James Bailey
- "I think about my parents all the time, especially on Sunday when I’m at Mass. My mother always said, ‘We do not pray to win elections. We pray for people’s health, we pray that God’s will be done, we pray that we do our best. But we do not pray to win elections.’"― Nancy Pelosi