More From Joseph Lancaster
- "The institution of a public library, containing books on education, would be well adapted for the information of teachers, many of whom are not able to purchase expensive publications on those subjects."
- "I am persuaded, that if any attempt is made to improve the education of the poor, and such an unmanly spirit should guide the resolution of a society or committee for that purpose, it would render the design abortive."
- "All are agreed, that the increase of learning and good morals are great blessings to society."
More In Religion
- "Since the 18th century, many Western intellectuals have predicted religion’s imminent demise."― Jonathan Sacks
- "The dissolution of the nation destroys the national religion, and dethrones the national deity."― William Robertson Smith
- "I’m fascinated with all kinds of religion, but I’m not committed to any specific one."― Sheryl Lee