More From Joseph Lancaster
- "Many thousands of youth have been deprived of the benefit of education thereby, their morals ruined, and talents irretrievably lost to society, for want of cultivation: while two parties have been idly contending who should bestow it."
- "THE rich possess ample means to realize any theory they may chuse to adopt in the education of their children, regardless of the cost; but it is not so with him whose Subsistence is derived from industry."
- "A system of education, which would not gratify this disposition in any party, is requisite, in order to obviate the difficulty, and the reader will find a something said to that purpose in perusing this tract."
More In Religion
- "If you are part of a religion that very strongly insists that you believe then to decide not to do that is quite a big hurdle to jump over. You never forget the thought process you went through. It becomes part of your whole intellectual picture."― Brian Eno
- "Next to religion, let your care be to promote justice."― Francis Bacon
- "The Jews are a race and not a religion. My goal was not to persecute the Jews but to enlighten Gentiles to put them on guard."― Julius Streicher