More From Joseph Joubert
- "Imagination is the eye of the soul."
- "We must respect the past, and mistrust the present, if we wish to provide for the safety of the future."
- "Grace is in garments, in movements, in manners; beauty in the nude, and in forms. This is true of bodies; but when we speak of feelings, beauty is in their spirituality, and grace in their moderation."
More In Religion
- "Religion was used as an ideology, as a system of control. When they forced the veil upon women, they were using it as an instrument of control in the same way that in Mao’s China people were wearing Mao jackets and women were not supposed to wear any makeup."― Azar Nafisi
- "Joy in the universe, and keen curiosity about it all – that has been my religion."― John Burroughs
- "After it is all over, the religion of man is his most important possession."― John D. Rockefeller