More From Joseph Gordon-Levitt
- "Storytelling in general is a communal act. Throughout human history, people would gather around, whether by the fire or at a tavern, and tell stories. One person would chime in, then another, maybe someone would repeat a story they heard already but with a different spin. It’s a collective process."
- "If the goal is to get the best artists, actors, and filmmakers in the world to create the best movies, Hollywood does a decent job. And I think no one would disagree with me that it also makes a ton of bad movies and employs a bunch of hacks."
- "To me, a sex scene in a movie generally means a gratuitous scene that doesn’t serve the story but gives a kind of excuse – we’ve got these two actors, we want to see them naked, so let’s bring in the music and the soft light."
More In Peace
- "And if we are honest we have to make a distinction between a democratic Israel that wants to live in peace and the terrorists who want Israel wiped out. The Israelis were told to give up land for peace; they gave up the land, but got no peace."― J. D. Hayworth
- "You will find peace not by trying to escape your problems, but by confronting them courageously. You will find peace not in denial, but in victory."― J. Donald Walters
- "Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding."― Ralph Waldo Emerson