More From Joseph Franklin Rutherford
- "The inspired Scriptures make the clear distinction between false and true riches and make plain the reason why happiness is gained and fully enjoyed only by those who find true riches."
- "False riches, consisting of money, houses and lands, acquired by selfish means at cost to others and thereafter used selfishly, are almost always used for the oppression of other persons."
- "Before we can know God and understand his great plan it is first necessary for us to believe that he exists and that he rewards all who diligently seek him."
More In Happiness
- "Happiness consumes itself like a flame. It cannot burn for ever, it must go out, and the presentiment of its end destroys it at its very peak."― August Strindberg
- "My whole working philosophy is that the only stable happiness for mankind is that it shall live married in blessed union to woman-kind – intimacy, physical and psychical between a man and his wife. I wish to add that my state of bliss is by no means perfect."― David Herbert Lawrence
- "Love is not a feeling of happiness. Love is a willingness to sacrifice."― Michael Novak