More From Joseph Conrad
- "Perhaps life is just that… a dream and a fear."
- "The sea – this truth must be confessed – has no generosity. No display of manly qualities – courage, hardihood, endurance, faithfulness – has ever been known to touch its irresponsible consciousness of power."
- "Any work that aspires, however humbly, to the condition of art should carry its justification in every line."
More In Courage
- "We had every problems starting a big top could have. The tent fell down on the first day. We had problems getting people into the shows. It was only with the courage and arrogance of youth that we survived."― Guy Laliberte
- "Just remaining quietly in the presence of God, listening to Him, being attentive to Him, requires a lot of courage and know-how."― Thomas Merton
- "So the brother in black offers to these United States the source of courage that endures, and laughter."― Zora Neale Hurston