More From Joseph Conrad
- "All ambitions are lawful except those which climb upward on the miseries or credulities of mankind."
- "Woe to the man whose heart has not learned while young to hope, to love – and to put its trust in life."
- "A man’s real life is that accorded to him in the thoughts of other men by reason of respect or natural love."
More In Courage
- "We’re going to be OK because of the American people. They have more grit, determination and courage than you can imagine."― Joe Biden
- "It takes a great deal of courage to follow another person’s lead."― Bill Hybels
- "History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again."― Maya Angelou