More From Joseph Conrad
- "Woe to the man whose heart has not learned while young to hope, to love – and to put its trust in life."
- "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."
- "He who wants to persuade should put his trust not in the right argument, but in the right word. The power of sound has always been greater than the power of sense."
More In Courage
- "I think that people need to have the courage of their convictions and not be trying to fool people into thinking that they’ve changed overnight."― Chris Bell
- "To live we must conquer incessantly, we must have the courage to be happy."― Henri Frederic Amiel
- "To him that waits all things reveal themselves, provided that he has the courage not to deny, in the darkness, what he has seen in the light."― Coventry Patmore