More From Joni Mitchell
- "You have this mounting aggressive ignorance with the rabbit’s foot of their particular religion. You don’t really have any kind of spiritual law, just a kind of a rabid mental illness. The songs are a little slice of life."
- "I’m a very analytical person, a somewhat introspective person; that’s the nature of the work I do."
- "I came through folk music simply because it was easy to get into it."
More In Poetry
- "I’ve never read a political poem that’s accomplished anything. Poetry makes things happen, but rarely what the poet wants."― Howard Nemerov
- "The fact that something is in a rhymed form or in blank verse will not make it good poetry."― Robert Morgan
- "Everyone needs solitude, especially a person who is used to thinking about what she experiences. Solitude is very important in my work as a mode of inspiration, but isolation is not good in this respect. I am not writing poetry about isolation."― Wislawa Szymborska