More From Joni Mitchell
- "Sorrow is so easy to express and yet so hard to tell."
- "I see the entire world as Eden, and every time you take an inch of it away, you must do so with respect."
- "I lost my daughter at 21. I had to give her up because I was broke, no place to take her, no money to take her. That was very traumatic."
More In Poetry
- "That is what I did with Jack, and that’s why he liked to do the readings with me because he knew I was there for him, and for our ability to blend the poetry and the music."― David Amram
- "We recognise in the finished art, which is the result of these conditions, the best words in the best order – poetry; and to put this essential poetry into different classes is impossible."― John Drinkwater
- "The poetry that sustains me is when I feel that, for a minute, the clouds have parted and I’ve seen ecstasy or something."― Rita Dove