More From Jonathan Swift
- "He was a bold man that first ate an oyster."
- "Although men are accused of not knowing their own weakness, yet perhaps few know their own strength. It is in men as in soils, where sometimes there is a vein of gold which the owner knows not of."
- "Politics, as the word is commonly understood, are nothing but corruptions."
More In Art
- "Every artist writes his own autobiography."― Havelock Ellis
- "Politics and football don’t mix."― Ruud Gullit
- "Death be not proud, though some have called thee Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so. For, those, whom thou think’st thou dost overthrow. Die not, poor death, nor yet canst thou kill me."― John Donne