More From Jonathan Swift
- "Men are happy to be laughed at for their humor, but not for their folly."
- "A wise man should have money in his head, but not in his heart."
- "Nothing is so great an example of bad manners as flattery. If you flatter all the company, you please none; If you flatter only one or two, you offend the rest."
More In Politics
- "In politics you learn to always smile."― Eliot Spitzer
- "I just feel like I’m a very lucky person to have a new life outside of politics."― Ann Richards
- "If Greece had gone through a very normal political life, I may have not been in politics. But just the fact that I lived through huge upheavals and very difficult struggles and polarisation and the barbarism of dictatorships – that made me feel that we had to change this country."― Georgios A. Papandreou