More From Jonathan Swift
- "For in reason, all government without the consent of the governed is the very definition of slavery."
- "The power of fortune is confessed only by the miserable, for the happy impute all their success to prudence or merit."
- "Although men are accused of not knowing their own weakness, yet perhaps few know their own strength. It is in men as in soils, where sometimes there is a vein of gold which the owner knows not of."
More In Politics
- "It’s amazing how, age after age, in country after country, and in all languages, Shakespeare emerges as incomparable."― M. H. Abrams
- "Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have."― Winston Churchill
- "I doubt that the imagination can be suppressed. If you truly eradicated it in a child, he would grow up to be an eggplant."― Ursula K. Le Guin