More From Jonathan Swift
- "May you live all the days of your life."
- "Nothing is so great an example of bad manners as flattery. If you flatter all the company, you please none; If you flatter only one or two, you offend the rest."
- "For in reason, all government without the consent of the governed is the very definition of slavery."
More In Politics
- "Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to that arrogant oligarchy who merely happen to be walking around."― Gilbert K. Chesterton
- "You begin saving the world by saving one man at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics."― Charles Bukowski
- "I’m not involved in the politics of religion, but I love what the message is."― Jane Seymour