More From Jonathan Swift
- "The best doctors in the world are Doctor Diet, Doctor Quiet, and Doctor Merryman."
- "Good manners is the art of making those people easy with whom we converse. Whoever makes the fewest people uneasy is the best bred in the room."
- "A wise person should have money in their head, but not in their heart."
More In Age
- "My wife and I, unlike many intellectuals, spent five years working on assembly lines. We came to fully understand the criticisms of the industrial age, in which you are an appendage of a machine that sets the pace."― Alvin Toffler
- "Age is not important unless you’re a cheese."― Helen Hayes
- "Canada has a passive-aggressive culture, with a lot of sarcasm and righteousness. That went with my weird messianic complex. The ego is a fascinating monster. I was taught from a young age that I had to serve, so that turned into me thinking I had to save the planet."― Alanis Morissette