More From Jonathan Mayhew
- "But let us remember, at the same time, government is sacred, and not to be trifled with."
- "I now add, farther, that the apostle’s argument is so far from proving it to be the duty of people to obey, and submit to, such rulers as act in contradiction to the public good, and so to the design of their office, that it proves the direct contrary."
More In Happiness
- "Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness."― Emile M. Cioran
- "We’ve got people looking at our seamy side and our sad side a lot of the time because that’s easier. It’s much more difficult to make a film about happiness with lots of jokes in it."― Emma Thompson
- "Politicians also have no leisure, because they are always aiming at something beyond political life itself, power and glory, or happiness."― Aristotle