More From Jonathan Mayhew
- "But let us remember, at the same time, government is sacred, and not to be trifled with."
- "I now add, farther, that the apostle’s argument is so far from proving it to be the duty of people to obey, and submit to, such rulers as act in contradiction to the public good, and so to the design of their office, that it proves the direct contrary."
More In Happiness
- "Happiness, to some, elation; Is, to others, mere stagnation."― Amy Lowell
- "Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds."― Orison Swett Marden
- "Jordan has a strange, haunting beauty and a sense of timelessness. Dotted with the ruins of empires once great, it is the last resort of yesterday in the world of tomorrow. I love every inch of it."― King Hussein I