More From Jonathan Carroll
- "Both young children and old people have a lot of time on their hands. That’s probably why they get along so well."
- "In Poland, my audience is all women between 18 and 30. At U.S. conventions, you have the fantasy and science fiction crowd. At Harvard you have an entirely different audience. It’s so schizophrenic."
- "The Viennese wash everything. Where else in the world does the government hire public servants to wash public telephone booths and the glass over traffic lights? Every time I see someone doing these things, I smile like a child."
More In Hope
- "‘Peace Train’ is a song I wrote, the message of which continues to breeze thunderously through the hearts of millions. There is a powerful need for people to feel that gust of hope rise up again."― Cat Stevens
- "My hope is that people will be repulsed by the character’s complete lack of ethics and obsession with consumerism – that’s what I was saying about the difference between the character’s message and the film’s message."― Christian Bale
- "Every night when I go to bed, I hope that I may never wake again, and every morning renews my grief."― Franz Schubert