More From John W. Gardner
- "Some people strengthen the society just by being the kind of people they are."
- "Much education today is monumentally ineffective. All too often we are giving young people cut flowers when we should be teaching them to grow their own plants."
- "When one may pay out over two million dollars to presidential and Congressional campaigns, the U.S. government is virtually up for sale."
More In Happiness
- "It is not in the pursuit of happiness that we find fulfillment, it is in the happiness of pursuit."― Denis Waitley
- "Why love if losing hurts so much? I have no answers anymore; only the life I have lived. The pain now is part of the happiness then."― Anthony Hopkins
- "Sorrow happens, hardship happens, the hell with it, who never knew the price of happiness, will not be happy."― Yevgeny Yevtushenko