More From John Thorn
- "This was nostalgia in the literal Greek sense: the pain of not being able to return to one’s home and family."
- "Baseball presents a living heritage, a game poised between the powerful undertow of seasons past and the hope of next day, next week, next year."
- "For many in baseball September is a month of stark contrast with April, when everyone had dared to hope. If baseball is a lot like life, as pundits declare, it is because life is more about losing than winning."
More In Death
- "Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save."― Will Rogers
- "It’s very hard to make arguments about the effects of cloning on family relations if family relations are in tatters."― Leon Kass
- "People have their own deaths as well as their own lives, and even if there is nothing beyond death, we shall differ in our nothingness."― E. M. Forster