More From John Thorn
- "Better than anything else in our culture, it enables fathers and sons to speak on a level playing field while building up from within a personal history of shared experience – a group history – that may be tapped into at will in years to come."
- "This was nostalgia in the literal Greek sense: the pain of not being able to return to one’s home and family."
- "Whatever else I do before finally I go to my grave, I hope it will not be looking after young people."
More In Death
- "My mother was the first woman in the county in Indiana where we were born, in Jay County, to have a college degree. She was educated as a pianist and she wanted to concertize, but when the war came she was married, had a family, so she started teaching."― Twyla Tharp
- "I think it’s pretentious to create art just for the sake of stroking the artists ego."― Lou Reed
- "Death Valley is really wide-open – it’s bigger than Rhode Island – and it’s less a part of California than an ungoverned territory, so there’s lots of weird cops-and-robbers stuff going on."― Gus Van Sant