More From John Thorn
- "But baseball bounced back in the next decade to reclaim its place as the national pastime: new heroes, spirited competition, and booming prosperity gave birth to dreams of expansion, both within the major leagues and around the world."
- "Better than anything else in our culture, it enables fathers and sons to speak on a level playing field while building up from within a personal history of shared experience – a group history – that may be tapped into at will in years to come."
- "Whatever else I do before finally I go to my grave, I hope it will not be looking after young people."
More In Death
- "If what you do is being threatened as a profession, that could be scary. But that’s the same reason why I walked out on stage many times after receiving death threats. I couldn’t live without doing what I wanted to do. So at the same time I have to be willing to die for it."― Marilyn Manson
- "Smiles, tears, of all my life! – and, if God choose, I shall but love thee better after death."― Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- "People were concerned about national security, and that precluded us from having the opportunity to break through on the issues that we cared most about – the economy, education and health care."― Tom Daschle