More From John Thorn
- "More fundamentally, it is a dream that does not die with the onset of manhood: the dream is to play endlessly, past the time when you are called home for dinner, past the time of doing chores, past the time when your body betrays you past time itself."
- "Baseball presents a living heritage, a game poised between the powerful undertow of seasons past and the hope of next day, next week, next year."
- "I think that much of this was running in background as I contemplated whether or not to attend the PS 99 reunion, although I certainly anticipated that I would not; it smelled like death, not youth."
More In Dreams
- "People ask how can a Jewish kid from the Bronx do preppy clothes? Does it have to do with class and money? It has to do with dreams."― Ralph Lauren
- "It is possible for a kid from east Texas, raised in south central LA and Carson, who believes in his dreams, commits himself to them with his heart, to touch them and to have them happen."― Forest Whitaker
- "My life turned out to be beyond my greatest dreams."― Anthony Hopkins