More From John Steinbeck
- "Men do change, and change comes like a little wind that ruffles the curtains at dawn, and it comes like the stealthy perfume of wildflowers hidden in the grass."
- "It has always been my private conviction that any man who puts his intelligence up against a fish and loses had it coming."
- "Where does discontent start? You are warm enough, but you shiver. You are fed, yet hunger gnaws you. You have been loved, but your yearning wanders in new fields. And to prod all these there’s time, the Bastard Time."
More In War
- "But when you are embodied in a location, in a physical plant, in a set of people, and in a common history, that constrains your evolution and your ability to evolve in certain directions."― Kevin Kelly
- "But when will our leaders learn – war is not the answer."― Helen Thomas
- "The security of the United States, which is so dependent on having accurate and timely intelligence, is not a Republican or a Democratic issue."― Saxby Chambliss