More From John Steinbeck
- "I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit."
- "It has always been my private conviction that any man who puts his intelligence up against a fish and loses had it coming."
- "Many a trip continues long after movement in time and space have ceased."
More In War
- "Sometimes I like to play the soundtracks to famous musicals so we can all sing along. South Pacific is one of my favorites. Our neighbors must hate us."― Louise Brown
- "It is the youth who must inherit the tribulation, the sorrow… that are the aftermath of war."― Herbert Hoover
- "War never takes a wicked man by chance, the good man always."― Sophocles