More From John Steinbeck
- "We spend our time searching for security and hate it when we get it."
- "A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it."
- "I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit."
More In War
- "Working through experience is best for me, just being there and trying to get into the mode."― Ludacris
- "I was the guy who was constantly speaking out against the Vietnam War. I have no regrets about that."― George McGovern
- "I have been a gigantic Rolling Stones fan since approximately the Spanish-American War."― Dave Barry