More From John Ruskin
- "To make your children capable of honesty is the beginning of education."
- "Men don’t and can’t live by exchanging articles, but by producing them. They don’t live by trade, but by work. Give up that foolish and vain title of Trades Unions; and take that of laborers Unions."
- "The art which we may call generally art of the wayside, as opposed to that which is the business of men’s lives, is, in the best sense of the word, Grotesque."
More In Education
- "Capitalism would have never let me be a filmmaker, living in Flint, Michigan with a high school education. I was going to have to make that happen myself."― Michael Moore
- "Reconciliation requires changes of heart and spirit, as well as social and economic change. It requires symbolic as well as practical action."― Malcolm Fraser
- "I respect the game that goes on of putting this against that, but I don’t respect, nor do I enjoy, an awful lot of the actual programs that go on the air."― Roone Arledge