More From John Ruskin
- "An architect should live as little in cities as a painter. Send him to our hills, and let him study there what nature understands by a buttress, and what by a dome."
- "The first duty of government is to see that people have food, fuel, and clothes. The second, that they have means of moral and intellectual education."
- "Whether for life or death, do your own work well."
More In Great
- "Out of Ireland have we come, great hatred, little room, maimed us at the start. I carry from my mother’s womb a fanatic heart."― William Butler Yeats
- "I was like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."― Isaac Newton
- "Laws control the lesser man… Right conduct controls the greater one."― Mark Twain