More From John Ruskin
- "The strength and power of a country depends absolutely on the quantity of good men and women in it."
- "Some slaves are scoured to their work by whips, others by their restlessness and ambition."
- "It is written on the arched sky; it looks out from every star. It is the poetry of Nature; it is that which uplifts the spirit within us."
More In Great
- "Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety."― Plato
- "Don’t let your special character and values, the secret that you know and no one else does, the truth – don’t let that get swallowed up by the great chewing complacency."― Aesop
- "Every great person is always being helped by everybody; for their gift is to get good out of all things and all persons."― John Ruskin