More From John Ruskin
- "You might sooner get lightning out of incense smoke than true action or passion out of your modern English religion."
- "Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather."
- "No lying knight or lying priest ever prospered in any age, but especially not in the dark ones. Men prospered then only in following an openly declared purpose, and preaching candidly beloved and trusted creeds."
More In Great
- "In time of war the laws are silent."― Marcus Tullius Cicero
- "When a man laughs at his troubles he loses a great many friends. They never forgive the loss of their prerogative."― Francis Bacon
- "The conscious mind may be compared to a fountain playing in the sun and falling back into the great subterranean pool of subconscious from which it rises."― Sigmund Freud