More From John Ruskin
- "Nearly all the powerful people of this age are unbelievers, the best of them in doubt and misery, the most in plodding hesitation, doing as well as they can, what practical work lies at hand."
- "In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it."
- "A great thing can only be done by a great person; and they do it without effort."
More In Beauty
- "Beauty doesn’t matter because in the end, we all lose our looks and all we have is our heart."― Ann Curry
- "My personal belief is that you carry your own water in a relationship. If you see a girl and you think she’s hot, that’s a very human reaction, but you don’t go and tell your spouse that, you know? So in one way it’s how you behave."― Mark Ruffalo
- "I’m not trying to stump anybody… it’s the beauty of the language that I’m interested in."― Buddy Holly