More From John Ruskin
- "The first test of a truly great man is his humility. By humility I don’t mean doubt of his powers or hesitation in speaking his opinion, but merely an understanding of the relationship of what he can say and what he can do."
- "Men cannot not live by exchanging articles, but producing them. They live by work not trade."
- "Every great person is always being helped by everybody; for their gift is to get good out of all things and all persons."
More In Beauty
- "The beauty of jazz is that it’s malleable. People are addressing it to suit their own personalities."― Pat Metheny
- "I believe that true beauty of chess is more than enough to satisfy all possible demands."― Alexander Alekhine
- "After a decade this glum, we deserved a shot of ‘Glee,’ a show that restored our faith in the power of song, the beauty of dance, and the magic of ‘spirit fingers’ to chase our cares and woes into somebody else’s backyard."― James Wolcott