More From John Quincy Adams
- "The highest glory of the American Revolution was this: it connected in one indissoluble bond the principles of civil government with the principles of Christianity."
- "Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people."
- "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost."
More In Men
- "What distinguishes the majority of men from the few is their inability to act according to their beliefs."― John Stuart Mill
- "It is the most sensual men who need to flee women and torment their bodies."― Friedrich Nietzsche
- "I am an agnostic; I do not pretend to know what many ignorant men are sure of."― Clarence Darrow