More From John Podhoretz
- "This has always been the way of presidential politics. The president rises above the fray while his surrogates go on the attack. They throw the spears and fling the mud; he sits upon the throne."
- "Nixon in 1968, unlike Obama 2008, was elected as a minority president with only 43 percent of the vote. Yet, in 1972, he won what, in some measures, was the most lopsided election in American history with 61 percent."
- "The thing is, Obama is right that it would be a calamity for the government to default on its debt by not meeting its obligations. Such a thing has never happened and can’t be allowed to happen."
More In Change
- "It’s a philosophy of life. A practice. If you do this, something will change, what will change is that you will change, your life will change, and if you can change you, you can perhaps change the world."― Vivienne Westwood
- "It is not hard to understand modern art. If it hangs on a wall it’s a painting, and if you can walk around it it’s a sculpture."― Tom Stoppard
- "Are creeds such simple things like the clothes which a man can change at will and put on at will? Creeds are such for which people live for ages and ages."― Mahatma Gandhi