More From John Podhoretz
- "The problem is that borrowing money to pay back more borrowed money that will oblige you in the future to borrow even more money doesn’t sound kosher. Because it isn’t."
- "Newt Gingrich has a restless and outsized intelligence that is tragically unleavened by any kind of critical sensibility."
- "Hurtling the Pentagon into an unprecedented budgetary meltdown is horrifically irresponsible. Obama doesn’t care. This is war – not against the Taliban, but war against the GOP. He has Republicans on the ropes, and that’s a victory he savors and desires – unlike Afghanistan, where he seems only to want to turn tail."
More In Government
- "The corporations don’t have to lobby the government anymore. They are the government."― Jim Hightower
- "It’s the government’s obligation to look really to the third parties to get the support to govern."― Stephen Harper
- "Conservatives are winning offices, and champions of big government are cleaning out their desks right now."― Rick Perry