More From John Muir
- "Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul."
- "God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought, disease, avalanches, and a thousand tempests and floods. But he cannot save them from fools."
- "The gross heathenism of civilization has generally destroyed nature, and poetry, and all that is spiritual."
More In Nature
- "The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on Earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule."― Samuel Adams
- "It seems to be a law of nature that no man, unless he has some obvious physical deformity, ever is loth to sit for his portrait."― Max Beerbohm
- "God, that all-powerful Creator of nature and architect of the world, has impressed man with no character so proper to distinguish him from other animals, as by the faculty of speech."― Quintilian