More From John Muir
- "I never saw a discontented tree. They grip the ground as though they liked it, and though fast rooted they travel about as far as we do."
- "The gross heathenism of civilization has generally destroyed nature, and poetry, and all that is spiritual."
- "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."
More In Nature
- "The heart never grows better by age; I fear rather worse, always harder. A young liar will be an old one, and a young knave will only be a greater knave as he grows older."― Lord Chesterfield
- "Consistency is contrary to nature, contrary to life. The only completely consistent people are dead."― Aldous Huxley
- "My sisters and mom raised me to respect women and open doors for them."― Milo Ventimiglia