More From John le Carre
- "My definition of a decent society is one that first of all takes care of its losers, and protects its weak."
- "History keeps her secrets longer than most of us. But she has one secret that I will reveal to you tonight in the greatest confidence. Sometimes there are no winners at all. And sometimes nobody needs to lose."
- "When you’re my age and you see a story, you better go for it pretty quickly. I’d just like to get a few more novels under my belt."
More In Intelligence
- "The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled."― Plutarch
- "Lincoln’s stature and strength, his intelligence and ambition – in short, all the elements which gave him popularity among men in New Salem, rendered him equally attractive to the fair sex of that village."― John George Nicolay
- "As a nation we have, over the past seven years, been rebuilding our intelligence with powerful capabilities that many thought we would no longer need after the Cold War. We have been rebuilding our clandestine service, our satellite and other technical collection, our analytical depth and expertise."― George Tenet