More From John le Carre
- "I don’t know whether it’s age or maturity, but I certainly find myself committed more and more to the looser forms of Western democracy at any price."
- "Love is whatever you can still betray. Betrayal can only happen if you love."
- "I was quite able at the insignificant work I did in MI6, but absolutely dysfunctional in my domestic life. I had no experience of fatherhood. I had no example of marital bliss or the family unit."
More In Intelligence
- "I’m every bourgeois nightmare – a Cockney with intelligence and a million dollars."― Michael Caine
- "Advertising: the science of arresting the human intelligence long enough to get money from it."― Stephen Leacock
- "Be what you are. This is the first step toward becoming better than you are."― Julius Charles Hare