More From John le Carre
- "By the age of 9 or 10, I knew that I had to cut my own cloth and make my own way."
- "In every war zone that I’ve been in, there has been a reality and then there has been the public perception of why the war was being fought. In every crisis, the issues have been far more complex than the public has been allowed to know."
- "I made a series of wrong decisions about moderately recent books, and I’ve sold the rights to studios for ridiculous amounts of money and the films have never been made. That’s the saddest thing of all, because they’re locked up and no one else can make them."
More In Experience
- "I don’t have to have faith, I have experience."― Joseph Campbell
- "To reach something good it is very useful to have gone astray, and thus acquire experience."― Saint Teresa of Avila
- "It evolved from my experience in the fifties, growing up during the McCarthy era, and hearing a lot of assumptions that America was wonderful and Communism was terrible."― Warren Farrell