More From John Jay Chapman
- "Benevolence alone will not make a teacher, nor will learning alone do it. The gift of teaching is a peculiar talent, and implies a need and a craving in the teacher himself."
- "The world of politics is always twenty years behind the world of thought."
- "Good government is the outcome of private virtue."
More In Politics
- "London in the ’70s was a pretty catastrophic dump, I can tell you. We had every kind of industrial trouble; we had severe energy problems; we were under constant terrorist attack from Irish terrorist groups who started a bombing campaign in English cities; politics were fantastically polarized between left and right."― Ian Mcewan
- "Al Gore’s problem, in my view, is that he never liked politics. He’s actually deeply uncomfortable in it but felt he had to do it because of his father. He’s much more comfortable in a private sector role and has, in fact, been much more successful in a private sector role, and I admire him for that."― Andrew Sullivan
- "But I don’t need to use politics as a way of making money."― Imran Khan