More From John Irving
- "The building of the architecture of a novel – the craft of it – is something I never tire of."
- "I have pretty thick skin, and I think if you’re going to be in this business, if you’re going to be an actor or a writer, you better have a thick skin."
- "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
More In Sympathy
- "IT is mere coincidence that Cooper was born in the year which produced The Power of Sympathy and that when he died Uncle Tom’s Cabin was passing through its serial stage, and yet the limits of his life mark almost exactly the first great period of American fiction."― Carl Clinton Van Doren
- "I think we lost a great deal of sympathy and support with the way in which the crisis was handled, most importantly I think when we appeared to be grasping for too much at one time instead of identifying our priorities in a much more responsible fashion."― Billy Tauzin
- "I didn’t go to university. Didn’t even finish A-levels. But I have sympathy for those who did."― Terry Prachett