More From John Grierson
- "The very effect of the education they were given… was to make men think; and, thinking, they became less and less satisfied with the miserable pays they received."
- "My personal view is that such total planning by the state is an absolute good and not simply a relative good… I do not myself think of the attitude I take as deriving from Marx – though this undoubtedly will be suggested – but from Fichte and Hegel."
- "Such manifestations I account as representing the creative leadership of the new forces of thought and appreciation which attend changes in technological pattern and therefore of the pattern of human relationships in society."
More In Happiness
- "Happiness is a virtue, not its reward."― Baruch Spinoza
- "Inequality makes everyone unhappy, the poor most of all, and that is well within the remit of the state. More money gives less extra happiness the richer we get, yet we are addicted to earning and spending more every year."― Polly Toynbee
- "So, after awhile, you can only get so much happiness from a guy who’s drunk come up and tell you you’re great."― Rick Derringer