More From John F. Kerry
- "I’m fascinated by rap and by hip-hop. I think there’s a lot of poetry in it. There’s a lot of anger, a lot of social energy in it. And I think you’d better listen to it pretty carefully, ’cause it’s important."
- "NAFTA recognizes the reality of today’s economy – globalization and technology. Our future is not in competing at the low-level wage job; it is in creating high-wage, new technology jobs based on our skills and our productivity."
- "I saw courage both in the Vietnam War and in the struggle to stop it. I learned that patriotism includes protest, not just military service."
More In Respect
- "If I could ever be on a Missy Elliott record, I could then die. Missy Elliott, Mary J. Blige – I love hearing them interviewed, I love the way they talk about their art. They’re very self-assured, they’re funny, they’re inviting. I love it."― Neko Case
- "I have always believed that I should have had no difficulty in causing my rights to be respected."― Eli Whitney
- "With respect to the FBI, they had problems communicating in a vertical way, within the FBI itself, so that information of importance could get pushed up to those who were decision-makers."― Richard Ben-Veniste