More From John F. Kennedy
- "Let the word go forth from this time and place, to friend and foe alike, that the torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans – born in this century, tempered by war, disciplined by a hard and bitter peace."
- "Unconditional war can no longer lead to unconditional victory. It can no longer serve to settle disputes… can no longer be of concern to great powers alone."
- "The world is very different now. For man holds in his mortal hands the power to abolish all forms of human poverty, and all forms of human life."
More In Peace
- "At first, I only laughed at myself. Then I noticed that life itself is amusing. I’ve been in a generally good mood ever since."― Marilyn vos Savant
- "We have to be active about kindness and about peace. I’ve always fantasized that it would be great if there was a Department of Peace."― Dave Matthews
- "Material loss can be made up through renewed labor, but the moral wrong which has been inflicted upon the conquered peoples, in the peace dictates, leaves a burning scar on the people’s conscience."― Hjalmar Schacht