More From John Donne
- "He must pull out his own eyes, and see no creature, before he can say, he sees no God; He must be no man, and quench his reasonable soul, before he can say to himself, there is no God."
- "I am two fools, I know, for loving, and for saying so in whining poetry."
- "Be thine own palace, or the world’s thy jail."
More In Death
- "I was very sad to hear of the death of Ronnie Barker, who was such a warm, friendly and encouraging presence to have when I started in television. He was also a great comic actor to learn from."― John Cleese
- "What is the value of sticking a microphone in a man’s face right after he has learned of his wife’s death?"― Jessica Savitch
- "For any culture which is primarily concerned with meaning, the study of death – the only certainty that life holds for us – must be central, for an understanding of death is the key to liberation in life."― Stanislav Grof