More From John Cornyn
- "The enemy is not Islam, the great world faith, but a perversion of Islam."
- "The Supreme Court has never ruled that Congress can use the Commerce Clause to require individuals to engage in an activity they have chosen to avoid. Yet that is precisely what Obamacare does: It forces Americans without health insurance to purchase coverage. Such a requirement is unprecedented and unconstitutional."
- "Think for a moment about what Obamacare has done: The federal government has come up with its own (ever-evolving) definition of ‘health insurance,’ which now includes free access to sterilization, contraception, and certain abortifacients such as the morning-after pill."
More In Health
- "Society’s dark hull drifts further and further away. It is this place – the place of our separation, our distinction – that much of his poetry occupies."― Tomas Transtromer
- "Prior to passage of Obamacare, Americans spoke out against the individual mandate; they didn’t want to change the health care they had; they didn’t want a 3,000-page bill that empowered 15 Washington bureaucrats to decide the future of the doctor-patient relationship."― Fred Upton
- "In 2001, America ‘s hospitals provided nearly $21 billion in uncompensated health care services."― Gary Miller