More From John Clayton
- "Thanksgiving is a time when the world gets to see just how blessed and how workable the Christian system is. The emphasis is not on giving or buying, but on being thankful and expressing that appreciation to God and to one another."
- "Since I was an atheist for many years and came to believe in God through my studies in science, it frustrated me to see students and parents who viewed faith and science as enemies."
- "Christians were instructed to serve others, and the thanksgiving was for the grace of God and the fact that God offered a way for man to return to a positive relationship with Him."
More In Faith
- "Blues are the songs of despair, but gospel songs are the songs of hope."― Mahalia Jackson
- "I had very supportive parents that made the way for me, even at a time when there were very few women – no women, really; maybe two or three women – and very few, fewer than that, African-American women heading in this direction, so there were very few people to look up to. You just had to have faith."― Leah Ward Sears
- "People who believe they have the power to exercise some measure of control over their lives are healthier, more effective and more successful than those who lack faith in their ability to effect changes in their lives."― Albert Bandura