More From John Clayton
- "Was the real Jesus of history one and the same as the Christ of faith whom we read about in the New Testament and worship in the church? Was Jesus really raised from the dead? Is he really the divine Lord of lords?"
- "There is no racial or ethnic involvement in Thanksgiving, and people who may be very distant from the Christian system can see the beauty and the positive spirit that comes from the holiday."
- "The emphasis on the birth of Christ tends to polarize our pluralistic society and create legal and ethnic belligerence."
More In Faith
- "Faith means intense, usually confident, belief that is not based on evidence sufficient to command assent from every reasonable person."― Walter Kaufmann
- "More recently, as faith gave way to materialism, anti-Semitism assumed a secular mode, harnessing itself to the dominant ideologies of both the Left and the Right."― Jack Schwartz
- "That is not to say that we can relax our readiness to defend ourselves. Our armament must be adequate to the needs, but our faith is not primarily in these machines of defense but in ourselves."― Chester W. Nimitz