More From John Clayton
- "Thanksgiving is a time when the world gets to see just how blessed and how workable the Christian system is. The emphasis is not on giving or buying, but on being thankful and expressing that appreciation to God and to one another."
- "The emphasis on the birth of Christ tends to polarize our pluralistic society and create legal and ethnic belligerence."
- "Was the real Jesus of history one and the same as the Christ of faith whom we read about in the New Testament and worship in the church? Was Jesus really raised from the dead? Is he really the divine Lord of lords?"
More In Faith
- "No sadder proof can be given by a man of his own littleness than disbelief in great men."― Thomas Carlyle
- "When you look around right now, Nashville is kind of going through another changing of guard; you’re watching the Martina McBrides and the Faith Hills and all of them that have been the big stars for the last however many years, and the next generation is coming in: Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood, those girls."― Callie Khouri
- "My faith helps me understand that circumstances don’t dictate my happiness, my inner peace."― Denzel Washington