More From John Clayton
- "Christians were instructed to serve others, and the thanksgiving was for the grace of God and the fact that God offered a way for man to return to a positive relationship with Him."
- "The emphasis on the birth of Christ tends to polarize our pluralistic society and create legal and ethnic belligerence."
- "There is no racial or ethnic involvement in Thanksgiving, and people who may be very distant from the Christian system can see the beauty and the positive spirit that comes from the holiday."
More In Faith
- "People with deep faith and big hearts are concerned, as I am about the circumstance that Ms. Schiavo is in. I want them to know I will do what I can, but there are limits to what any particular person – irrespective of the title they currently hold – can do."― Jeb Bush
- "The only force that can overcome an idea and a faith is another and better idea and faith, positively and fearlessly upheld."― Dorothy Thompson
- "We’re very open and outspoken about our faith and our beliefs. We also talk about our doubts, our moments of insecurities. We talk about it all day, how we’re inspired by God. We recognize little miracles every day, and that’s how we’re raising our daughter."― Boris Kodjoe