More From John Cheever
- "Wisdom we know is the knowledge of good and evil, not the strength to choose between the two."
- "It was a splendid summer morning and it seemed as if nothing could go wrong."
- "For me, a page of good prose is where one hears the rain and the noise of battle. It has the power to give grief or universality that lends it a youthful beauty."
More In Family
- "Blood relatives often have nothing to do with family, and similarly, family is about who you choose to make your life with."― Oliver Hudson
- "I love film. After a yummy meal for the whole family and some truly great friends, we often go out to see something beautiful and unique."― Gwyneth Paltrow
- "My work and my family are very important to me."― Stephen Hawking