More From John Burroughs
- "I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."
- "I seldom go into a natural history museum without feeling as if I were attending a funeral."
- "The lure of the distant and the difficult is deceptive. The great opportunity is where you are."
More In Nature
- "I never knew any Jews until I got into show business. I’ve found them to be real smart and good workers."― Loretta Lynn
- "I do not think that there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, even nature."― John D. Rockefeller
- "The greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not our circumstances."― Martha Washington