More From John Boyd Orr
- "There can be no peace in the world so long as a large proportion of the population lack the necessities of life and believe that a change of the political and economic system will make them available. World peace must be based on world plenty."
- "When the fabric of society is so rigid that it cannot change quickly enough, adjustments are achieved by social unrest and revolutions."
- "The increase of territory and power of empires by force of arms has been the policy of all great powers, and it has always been possible to get the approval of their state religion."
More In Peace
- "Radiohead and Our Lady Peace are doing the seven layers of guitar, and I kind of jumped on that before anyone else did."― Billy Corgan
- "Because if you lived, as I did, several years under Nazi totalitarianism, and then 20 years in communist totalitarianism, you would certainly realize how precious freedom is, and how easy it is to lose your freedom."― Milos Forman
- "Every day I’ve got to be thankful that I am alive, and you never know – the cliche is, I guess, you could get hit by a bus tomorrow, so you’d better be at peace with whatever you got going at the moment."― Joseph Gordon-Levitt