More From John Boyd Orr
- "Our civilization has evolved through the continuous adjustment of society to the stimulus of new knowledge."
- "Science has produced such powerful weapons that in a war between great powers there would be neither victor nor vanquished. Both would be overwhelmed in destruction."
- "When the fabric of society is so rigid that it cannot change quickly enough, adjustments are achieved by social unrest and revolutions."
More In Science
- "A satellite has no conscience."― Edward R. Murrow
- "Physics does not change the nature of the world it studies, and no science of behavior can change the essential nature of man, even though both sciences yield technologies with a vast power to manipulate the subject matters."― Pope Paul VI
- "I’d always been a science fiction enthusiast."― Ivan Reitman