More From John Adams
- "Here is everything which can lay hold of the eye, ear and imagination – everything which can charm and bewitch the simple and ignorant. I wonder how Luther ever broke the spell."
- "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
- "I must not write a word to you about politics, because you are a woman."
More In Imagination
- "With the brush we merely tint, while the imagination alone produces colour."― Theodore Gericault
- "I suppose I’m proudest of my novels for what’s imagined in them. I think the world of my imagination is a richer and more interesting place than my personal biography."― John Irving
- "Imagination is the eye of the soul."― Joseph Joubert