More From Johannes Stark
- "An external electric field, meeting it and passing through it, affects the negative as much as the positive quanta of the atom, and pushes the former to one side, and the latter in the other direction."
- "Thus at the beginning of 1906 it seemed to be established that the emitters of the spectral series of chemical elements are their positive atomic ions."
- "By allowing the positive ions to pass through an electric field and thus giving them a certain velocity, it is possible to distinguish them from the neutral, stationary atoms."
More In Positive
- "‘Glee’ is one of the very few mainstream outlets that is giving a voice to communities of people that don’t necessarily have a loud voice, specifically the gay community. It gives a really positive and forward statement."― Jack Antonoff
- "Suffering is the positive element in this world, indeed it is the only link between this world and the positive."― Franz Kafka
- "I’m a big cockeyed optimist. I try to accentuate the positive as opposed to the negative."― Betty White