More From Johannes Stark
- "An external electric field, meeting it and passing through it, affects the negative as much as the positive quanta of the atom, and pushes the former to one side, and the latter in the other direction."
- "By allowing the positive ions to pass through an electric field and thus giving them a certain velocity, it is possible to distinguish them from the neutral, stationary atoms."
- "Thus at the beginning of 1906 it seemed to be established that the emitters of the spectral series of chemical elements are their positive atomic ions."
More In Positive
- "Well, I think the president is going to do well in terms of his influence for positive change here in the Congress, making sure that we don’t overspend, making sure that we spend for only those programs that are justified."― Thad Cochran
- "I’m a big cockeyed optimist. I try to accentuate the positive as opposed to the negative."― Betty White
- "A lot of victims, for example, have become addicted to alcohol and drugs. It seems to me that the church’s healing ministry is going to be enhanced through this in much broader strokes. That’s good, it’s all positive."― Roger Mahony