More From Johannes Stark
- "We can in fact first place the beam of rays of moving positive atomic ions in a plane perpendicular to the axis in which we see the spectral lines emitted by them."
- "Thus at the beginning of 1906 it seemed to be established that the emitters of the spectral series of chemical elements are their positive atomic ions."
- "An external electric field, meeting it and passing through it, affects the negative as much as the positive quanta of the atom, and pushes the former to one side, and the latter in the other direction."
More In Positive
- "I had never had a positive leading character – somebody that wasn’t an antihero, or who wasn’t more of a guy that you’re supposed to be on the side of."― Gus Van Sant
- "Normal social behavior requires that we be able to recognize identities in spite of change. Unless we can do so, there can be no human society as we know it."― Kenneth L. Pike
- "And I’m a pretty positive person – I don’t put a lot of energy into worrying, and I’m not a person who lives in a great deal of fear."― Rachel Hunter