More From Johannes Stark
- "We can in fact first place the beam of rays of moving positive atomic ions in a plane perpendicular to the axis in which we see the spectral lines emitted by them."
- "Thus at the beginning of 1906 it seemed to be established that the emitters of the spectral series of chemical elements are their positive atomic ions."
- "By allowing the positive ions to pass through an electric field and thus giving them a certain velocity, it is possible to distinguish them from the neutral, stationary atoms."
More In Positive
- "Look at people for an example, but then make sure to do things your way. Surround yourself with positive people."― Queen Latifah
- "We’ve certainly learned a lot of lessons from Katrina, from Rita. Rita was better than Katrina. We’re doing a better job planning. We’re closer – more closely aligned with the Department of Defense. These things would be positive things if we were to have another attack."― Michael Chertoff
- "So I had to be careful. I recognized the responsibility that, whether I liked it or not, I had to accept whatever the obligation was. That was to behave in a manner, to carry myself in such a professional way, as if there ever is a reflection, it’s a positive one."― Sidney Poitier