More From Johannes Stark
- "Thus at the beginning of 1906 it seemed to be established that the emitters of the spectral series of chemical elements are their positive atomic ions."
- "We can in fact first place the beam of rays of moving positive atomic ions in a plane perpendicular to the axis in which we see the spectral lines emitted by them."
- "By allowing the positive ions to pass through an electric field and thus giving them a certain velocity, it is possible to distinguish them from the neutral, stationary atoms."
More In Positive
- "And I understand that, I testified in closed hearings over eight years because there are intelligence matters, there are sensitive matters that should not be held in a public hearing."― Louis Freeh
- "The pace of technological change in recent years has been both impressive and positive for consumers."― Mike Ferguson
- "Indeed, our particular concept of private property, which deters us from exhausting the positive resources of the earth, favors pollution."― Garrett Hardin