More From Johannes Stark
- "Thus at the beginning of 1906 it seemed to be established that the emitters of the spectral series of chemical elements are their positive atomic ions."
- "By allowing the positive ions to pass through an electric field and thus giving them a certain velocity, it is possible to distinguish them from the neutral, stationary atoms."
- "We can in fact first place the beam of rays of moving positive atomic ions in a plane perpendicular to the axis in which we see the spectral lines emitted by them."
More In Positive
- "My mom FedExes a red velvet cake she makes from scratch to me every birthday."― Molly Sims
- "I think Gadhafi is on the mark. And up until this point in time, I think they truly want to turn this around and become a positive player with the West after years and years of terrorism and stagnation."― Curt Weldon
- "There’s a lot of peer pressure to not do positive stories out of Iraq… I think there’s a sense that the administration got a pass during the hot days of war and now that the war is over it’s time to even out the deck somewhat."― Jerry Nachman