More From Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- "Nature knows no pause in progress and development, and attaches her curse on all inaction."
- "Music is either sacred or secular. The sacred agrees with its dignity, and here has its greatest effect on life, an effect that remains the same through all ages and epochs. Secular music should be cheerful throughout."
- "Personality is everything in art and poetry."
More In Peace
- "They say in the grave there is peace, and peace and the grave are one and the same."― Georg Buchner
- "When resources are degraded, we start competing for them, whether it is at the local level in Kenya, where we had tribal clashes over land and water, or at the global level, where we are fighting over water, oil, and minerals. So one way to promote peace is to promote sustainable management and equitable distribution of resources."― Wangari Maathai
- "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."― John F. Kennedy