More From Jodi Picoult
- "I feel I’m able to get rid of any demons lurking in my psyche through my writing, which leaves me free to create all of this and to enjoy our family life, stepping away from all the fictional traumas and the dramas. If I write about family in crisis, then I won’t have to live through it, I guess."
- "I have several writer friends, but I don’t involve them in my work process. I’m more likely to talk about the business of publishing with them."
- "Instead of plotting the demise of the traditional family, as some politicians and religious leaders would have you believe, gay people mow their lawns and watch ‘American Idol’ and video their children’s concerts and have the same hopes and dreams that their straight counterparts do."
More In Change
- "Anyone who says there is not a change in weather patterns is denying reality."― Andrew Cuomo
- "There is something suspicious about music, gentlemen. I insist that she is, by her nature, equivocal. I shall not be going too far in saying at once that she is politically suspect."― Thomas Mann
- "When you go off in the world and make your life, and you come back to your home town, and you find your old high-school friends driving in the same circles, doing the same things, that’s what Hollywood’s like. It’s a little block, little town. It doesn’t really grow or change."― Robert Rodriguez